Saturday, May 3, 2008

I Just Need a Friend

  Every weekend, I'm in the same position. Especially this weekend. Remember when you would just walk down the street to your best friend's house and watch a movie together? I wonder why that doesn't happen anymore. Now you text someone to see if they want to hang out. You leave them a myspace comment to see if they can come watch Fight Club with you.                                                                                                      Maybe children of the twentieth century knew that kind of innocence. But I'm Generation Y. We are disturbingly callused and affectless. It's hard not to be driven by recognition, when it's all that gets you anywhere now. Hopefully I'll move my kids out to the boonies (when I have kids) to grow up in peace. Anyhoe, I only want someone to watch Fight Club with. 

No comments: